Thursday, December 15, 2011

3-hour lane closure scheduled for the High Rise Bridge

STORY LINK:

CHESAPEAKE – The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge to vehicular traffic on Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011, beginning at 7 a.m. The closure will last for approximately three hours.

These scheduled maintenance activities are weather dependent. VDOT will continue to update any changes to the proposed schedule as they occur.

VDOT recommends motorists utilize the signed detour through the I-264 Downtown Tunnel as an alternate route during the roadway closure. The detour will be as follows:

From Interstate 64 west, motorists should take the Route 17 George Washington Highway exit. Next make a left on George Washington Highway and proceed to Frederick Boulevard and make a left. Take the Interstate 264 east ramp on the right. Proceed on I-264 east, through the Downtown Tunnel. Stay in the right lane and after exiting the tunnel take the Interstate 464 south exit. Follow I-464 south until you reach the I-64 west exit.

From I-64 east take the I- 464 north exit. Follow I-464 north to the I-264 west (Downtown Tunnel) exit. Proceed on I-264 west to the Frederick Boulevard exit. Exit at the bottom of the ramp and stay to the left. Make a left on Route 17 south. Stay on Route 17 south to George Washington Highway and make a right. Proceed on George Washington Highway to the I-64 east ramp.

Motorists are encouraged to visit www.va511.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 610 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.

No comments:

Post a Comment